Another diet blog? Really?

Yes really. Why? Well why not? I am soon to be 45, have been overweight most of my life and I'm ready to do something about it. I quit smoking a year ago this month and decided I needed to make another huge life change this month. Lose weight.

That brings us to 2150 calories per day.

When I calculated what I needed to eat to lose the weight I want (a really huge goal of 100lbs) I figured how hard can this be?

I knew the exercising would be hard, I knew it was a huge commitment but who thought eating 5 meals per day every 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hrs and totaling 2150 calories could be so hard?

I thought the eating would be the easy part.

Boy was I wrong.

So join me as I attempt my huge undertaking. Some days I'll succeed, some days I know I will fail then have to pick myself up and start again. But with this blog I hope to bring a smile to some faces with my odd sense of humor and I'm sure there will be a tear here and there as well.

If the exercise doesn't kill me (bodyweight training) the 2150 calories certainly will.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Two steps forward one step back

Remember when we started this whole blog thing? We talked about how hard it was to eat 2150 calories per day. Well today was a prime example of this. I didn't even come close. I think today was the farthest away from my goal I have been yet. I missed it by 283 calories! That's not the less than 50 I have always kept to. OY! What am I going to do?

I am going to eat more I guess. Again, I have to move past chicken and salads I guess and move onto some beef. Beef will be good for me and give me some well needed protein.

Did someone mention protein? That's another goal not met the protein powder. I am still in the research stage on this and have to make a decision soon. I want something that isn't going to taste nasty or that, of course, defeats the purpose right? Who wants to drink something nasty every day? So taste is a consideration as is price. I don't want to take out a loan on this stuff and it can be spendy and I really don't want to buy it in huge 2 lb canisters. But again, it is what it is right?

And water. I drank water today but only half what I should have drank so I need to drink more (where have we heard that before?)

I guess a trip to the grocery store is needed for tomorrow. Plan some new meals and expand my diet food repertoire and see if I can achieve some of my goals.

On the good side (the is the 2 steps forward part) I lost another 2 lbs. Again not a huge lose but it's a start. This is the first weigh in since I officially started the diet. I hope for better results next week.

Workout went well we were back to legs today with the addition of abs into the mix.
Hopefully the soreness in my legs from the last workout was only because it was the first big leg workout. I think I worked muscles I didn't know I had ;-) Today those muscles felt it but I think they were more willing to work with me. Nice of them isn't it?

Totals for today

Calories 1867
Fat 85
Carbs 191
Protein 68
8oz. glasses of water 4

No comments:

Post a Comment