Another diet blog? Really?

Yes really. Why? Well why not? I am soon to be 45, have been overweight most of my life and I'm ready to do something about it. I quit smoking a year ago this month and decided I needed to make another huge life change this month. Lose weight.

That brings us to 2150 calories per day.

When I calculated what I needed to eat to lose the weight I want (a really huge goal of 100lbs) I figured how hard can this be?

I knew the exercising would be hard, I knew it was a huge commitment but who thought eating 5 meals per day every 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hrs and totaling 2150 calories could be so hard?

I thought the eating would be the easy part.

Boy was I wrong.

So join me as I attempt my huge undertaking. Some days I'll succeed, some days I know I will fail then have to pick myself up and start again. But with this blog I hope to bring a smile to some faces with my odd sense of humor and I'm sure there will be a tear here and there as well.

If the exercise doesn't kill me (bodyweight training) the 2150 calories certainly will.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Everyday there seems to be more to learn

Well I really did a bad thing today. I didn't come close to the magical 2150. Today I was 250 calories short! And way low on the proteins. I am looking into recipes for smoothies to help boost the proteins. Maybe I need to do what others I have read about are doing. Eating what they want but eating healthy, smaller meals throughout the day and not keeping track of everything they eat. Maybe because I am counting everything I am being more conservative than I need to be.
Just a thought

Worked out today on arms and added sit-ups to the mix. My legs are still sore from yesterday but it's a tells me I am doing the work I need to do.

Now all I need to do is make sure my proteins are up to give my muscles what they need to heal properly.

Bought lots of frozen fruits for the smoothies. Looked at some protein powders but need to read more about them to know what to get.

Splurged and got some fresh raspberries (my favorites) for a treat. They are so good but for some reason very spendy.

My water was down from yesterday. Need to keep that going the other direction.

Goals

* read up on protein powders
* find more smoothie recipes and try a few
* eat more
* more water

Totals for Today

Calories 1864
Fat 95
Carbs 166
Protein 67
8oz. glasses of water 4

No comments:

Post a Comment