Another diet blog? Really?

Yes really. Why? Well why not? I am soon to be 45, have been overweight most of my life and I'm ready to do something about it. I quit smoking a year ago this month and decided I needed to make another huge life change this month. Lose weight.

That brings us to 2150 calories per day.

When I calculated what I needed to eat to lose the weight I want (a really huge goal of 100lbs) I figured how hard can this be?

I knew the exercising would be hard, I knew it was a huge commitment but who thought eating 5 meals per day every 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hrs and totaling 2150 calories could be so hard?

I thought the eating would be the easy part.

Boy was I wrong.

So join me as I attempt my huge undertaking. Some days I'll succeed, some days I know I will fail then have to pick myself up and start again. But with this blog I hope to bring a smile to some faces with my odd sense of humor and I'm sure there will be a tear here and there as well.

If the exercise doesn't kill me (bodyweight training) the 2150 calories certainly will.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Eat all day long to no avail

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” -Albert Einstein

I get full from so little that I just can't eat as much as I'm supposed to. Maybe this is normal and will change as I continue to eat more meals throughout the day. Remember I'm used to eating once per day so this may take time to adjust. I'm guessing here but I do know that it is not good to eat less than the 2150 that is my goal.

Also I have GOT to eat more protein.

Now where do they come up with the measuring system for food? Some food is listed by weight. I had some soup for lunch today and put in some saltine crackers. The book lists a serving size as 4oz. Huh? How many crackers is 4oz? Saltine crackers are saltine crackers. No matter what brand name or generic I have never seen them look any different than any other brand so why can't they say 5 crackers???

Then to get even more insane I had some carrots with dinner. I open the bag of carrots to peel a couple and I look at the serving size. I am not making this up. Serving Size: 7" long 1 1/4" diameter. Servings per container vary.

So now in addition to the scale you need to have a tape measure in your kitchen. How insane is this? It's a frickin carrot people, it's good for you. So just give us a number of calories and say 'per carrot'. 7 inches and 1 1/4" diameter is insane unless you are measuring something else.......ok I went there but you were all thinking it. You know you were. Admit it. I'll wait.

Now don't you feel better? Good. Let's move on.

Totals for today

Calories 1819
Fat 56
Carbs 266
Proteins 60
8oz. glasses of water 4

No comments:

Post a Comment