Another diet blog? Really?

Yes really. Why? Well why not? I am soon to be 45, have been overweight most of my life and I'm ready to do something about it. I quit smoking a year ago this month and decided I needed to make another huge life change this month. Lose weight.

That brings us to 2150 calories per day.

When I calculated what I needed to eat to lose the weight I want (a really huge goal of 100lbs) I figured how hard can this be?

I knew the exercising would be hard, I knew it was a huge commitment but who thought eating 5 meals per day every 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hrs and totaling 2150 calories could be so hard?

I thought the eating would be the easy part.

Boy was I wrong.

So join me as I attempt my huge undertaking. Some days I'll succeed, some days I know I will fail then have to pick myself up and start again. But with this blog I hope to bring a smile to some faces with my odd sense of humor and I'm sure there will be a tear here and there as well.

If the exercise doesn't kill me (bodyweight training) the 2150 calories certainly will.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Missed my mark....I really shouldn't be surprised

Yup, you guessed it. I didn't come close to 2150 yet again! Some day I will accomplish what seems like such an easy goal. It's frustrating as hell for me.

Protein powders. I am still looking into those but good grief there are soy proteins, whey proteins, brown rice proteins, and get this designer protein! Designer protein people. What the hell is that?!?!?!?

I am going to get this solved I know I will find the right one for me. One that tastes decent (it doesn't have to be great just palatable), easy to work with (mix with water, smoothie, whatever).
It will happen.

Until then I did find some single bottles to try of ready made mix (although they also have a powder version). One is Muscle Milk (that isn't really milk) and has 25g protein per bottle, another is Myoplex and that also has 25g protein and then I got some Ensure muscle health which only has 13g of protein but I got all three so I could try them and find out if there was one I liked over the others.
Stay tuned to see how that taste test goes.

I looked at protein bars as well at the store and they are either hard as a rock or they feel like they are made of soft concrete. Needless to say I didn't get any of them. Maybe another time.

I had some beef today. Got some hamburger 85% lean and made a couple of tacos. Oh boy were they good. Maybe it was just that I was craving something besides chicken I don't know.

Also bought a slice of ham so that will make a nice change of pace as well.

Todays numbers are not great I need to step it up. Maybe I am so concerned about what I eat and keeping the numbers that I am afraid I will overdo it and somehow that keeps me from even coming close. Am I my worst enemy? I will keep at it and keep trying to get to 2150.

Totals for today

Calories 1760
Fat 87
Carbs 196
Protein 70
8oz. glasses of water 4

No comments:

Post a Comment