Another diet blog? Really?

Yes really. Why? Well why not? I am soon to be 45, have been overweight most of my life and I'm ready to do something about it. I quit smoking a year ago this month and decided I needed to make another huge life change this month. Lose weight.

That brings us to 2150 calories per day.

When I calculated what I needed to eat to lose the weight I want (a really huge goal of 100lbs) I figured how hard can this be?

I knew the exercising would be hard, I knew it was a huge commitment but who thought eating 5 meals per day every 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hrs and totaling 2150 calories could be so hard?

I thought the eating would be the easy part.

Boy was I wrong.

So join me as I attempt my huge undertaking. Some days I'll succeed, some days I know I will fail then have to pick myself up and start again. But with this blog I hope to bring a smile to some faces with my odd sense of humor and I'm sure there will be a tear here and there as well.

If the exercise doesn't kill me (bodyweight training) the 2150 calories certainly will.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Damon the hottie cabana boy is not doing his job!

“I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.” -Leonardo da Vinci

Ok it isn't Damon's fault, I really can't blame him. I can try but remember he doesn't exist (but wouldn't it be nice if he did?). In the end it is my own fault for missing meals and trying to make up for it all in one fell swoop.

That is NOT the way this is done. But just like anyone who has fallen off the ladder and fallen back into old habits, tomorrow is another day full of do-overs.

Every moment we live is really a do-over or at least our chance at one so I am going to take the opportunity to have some do-overs tomorrow. Hopefully I won't need it but who am I kidding?

If I can get my sleep pattern on track I think it would make a huge difference. Sorry, just thinking out loud.

To do-overs everyone.....clink!

Totals for today

Calories 1811
Fat 63
Carbs 255
Proteins 66
8oz. glasses of water 2

No comments:

Post a Comment