Another diet blog? Really?

Yes really. Why? Well why not? I am soon to be 45, have been overweight most of my life and I'm ready to do something about it. I quit smoking a year ago this month and decided I needed to make another huge life change this month. Lose weight.

That brings us to 2150 calories per day.

When I calculated what I needed to eat to lose the weight I want (a really huge goal of 100lbs) I figured how hard can this be?

I knew the exercising would be hard, I knew it was a huge commitment but who thought eating 5 meals per day every 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hrs and totaling 2150 calories could be so hard?

I thought the eating would be the easy part.

Boy was I wrong.

So join me as I attempt my huge undertaking. Some days I'll succeed, some days I know I will fail then have to pick myself up and start again. But with this blog I hope to bring a smile to some faces with my odd sense of humor and I'm sure there will be a tear here and there as well.

If the exercise doesn't kill me (bodyweight training) the 2150 calories certainly will.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Changing up the work out

"Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way." -Les Brown

I say I am changing up the work out and that is true in a way. I have started a construction project for my niece so there is lots of sawing, lifting, etc. Using hand tools instead of electric which will only help the arm workout. It's been a fun couple of days but it is progressing and I am exhausted by the end of the day. I am spending almost all day working on it because once I start in on it I hate to quit.

I ate on the run for lunch as I was running some errands and then forgot to eat dinner because I was working on 'The Project' (I think that is a good name for it) and didn't remember to eat till 9pm!!! Bad me. Then I hadn't been to the grocery store yet and I had a bit of taco meat left which I was able to stretch into 2 tacos. So between that and the fast food lunch I went a bit over the limit.

I did, however, remember my protein shakes and had one of those as part of a snack as well as drinking 6 glasses of water.

Tomorrow is my official cheat day so don't be looking for any numbers on 10/21 because there won't be any. But maybe it isn't a cheat day. It's my birthday and in birthday-world there is no such thing as diets so therefore there would be nothing to cheat on. I know it's a stretch but it's a funny one you have to give me credit for the humor if nothing else. Right?

Totals for today

Calories 2225
Fat 92
Carbs 259
Proteins 105
8oz glasses of water 6

No comments:

Post a Comment