Another diet blog? Really?

Yes really. Why? Well why not? I am soon to be 45, have been overweight most of my life and I'm ready to do something about it. I quit smoking a year ago this month and decided I needed to make another huge life change this month. Lose weight.

That brings us to 2150 calories per day.

When I calculated what I needed to eat to lose the weight I want (a really huge goal of 100lbs) I figured how hard can this be?

I knew the exercising would be hard, I knew it was a huge commitment but who thought eating 5 meals per day every 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hrs and totaling 2150 calories could be so hard?

I thought the eating would be the easy part.

Boy was I wrong.

So join me as I attempt my huge undertaking. Some days I'll succeed, some days I know I will fail then have to pick myself up and start again. But with this blog I hope to bring a smile to some faces with my odd sense of humor and I'm sure there will be a tear here and there as well.

If the exercise doesn't kill me (bodyweight training) the 2150 calories certainly will.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Over the limit for the first time

"The only easy day was yesterday" US Navy SEALs

Today I finally went over 2150!!! I shouldn't be happy about exceeding my calories by all of 60 but considering it is so frickin hard for me to get close in the past this is a good thing.

How did I do it? Well I ate stuff that was probably bad but the numbers are a bit misleading. A lot of my carbs came from my banana bread I made the other day. Yes not good for me but it is my once a year (if that) splurge. Why a banana by itself is good for me but bake it in the oven and it isn't amazes me. Yes I know there are other things in there that make it bad but such is life.

I am not going to be one of those dieters that starve themselves and deny themselves what they really want. We have to learn how to eat real food and how eat in moderation. Some of these weight loss programs that have their own food amaze me because sure you can lose weight by eating their frozen food but how does that teach you moderation in the real world?

So post work out I had another protein shake and damn it! I just remembered I was going to try the Ensure one and I had the EAS Myoplex one instead. I like the EAS Myoplex shake and I think it has more protein in it than the Ensure one. Oh well there is always next time.

Work out went well. Every exercise I do I am doing more of them either in more reps per set or more sets of the same number of reps from last time. Sit-ups I have decided to just count as a number instead of counting that as reps or sets. I am up to 45 which is pretty amazing considering this is the end of week 2.

Next week new exercises probably more intense so my numbers might go down but I have decided to keep up with the sit-ups hoping to get to 100 before too long.

Totals for today

Calories 2210
Fat 109
Carbs 250
Protein 98
8oz. glasses of water 4

No comments:

Post a Comment