Another diet blog? Really?

Yes really. Why? Well why not? I am soon to be 45, have been overweight most of my life and I'm ready to do something about it. I quit smoking a year ago this month and decided I needed to make another huge life change this month. Lose weight.

That brings us to 2150 calories per day.

When I calculated what I needed to eat to lose the weight I want (a really huge goal of 100lbs) I figured how hard can this be?

I knew the exercising would be hard, I knew it was a huge commitment but who thought eating 5 meals per day every 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hrs and totaling 2150 calories could be so hard?

I thought the eating would be the easy part.

Boy was I wrong.

So join me as I attempt my huge undertaking. Some days I'll succeed, some days I know I will fail then have to pick myself up and start again. But with this blog I hope to bring a smile to some faces with my odd sense of humor and I'm sure there will be a tear here and there as well.

If the exercise doesn't kill me (bodyweight training) the 2150 calories certainly will.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Looking for the fork.....in the road that is.

“I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong” -Benjamin Franklin

This quote fits how I feel right about now. I am not failing in dieting and exercising but I seem to be finding all kinds of ways to do it wrong.

More missed meals today and no matter how I tried to make up for it I just couldn't do it.

Not much else to say. There is no excuse for the fact that I am continuing down the wrong path. Time to find the fork in the road and get back on the right path.

Totals for today

Calories 1579
Fat 70
Carbs 166
Proteins 50
8oz. glasses of water 2

No comments:

Post a Comment