Another diet blog? Really?

Yes really. Why? Well why not? I am soon to be 45, have been overweight most of my life and I'm ready to do something about it. I quit smoking a year ago this month and decided I needed to make another huge life change this month. Lose weight.

That brings us to 2150 calories per day.

When I calculated what I needed to eat to lose the weight I want (a really huge goal of 100lbs) I figured how hard can this be?

I knew the exercising would be hard, I knew it was a huge commitment but who thought eating 5 meals per day every 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hrs and totaling 2150 calories could be so hard?

I thought the eating would be the easy part.

Boy was I wrong.

So join me as I attempt my huge undertaking. Some days I'll succeed, some days I know I will fail then have to pick myself up and start again. But with this blog I hope to bring a smile to some faces with my odd sense of humor and I'm sure there will be a tear here and there as well.

If the exercise doesn't kill me (bodyweight training) the 2150 calories certainly will.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Muscle Milk Sucks!!

"There will never be the 'perfect' time and condition to do a workout. You have to create it" M. Lauren


Today was the day to try muscle milk. YUCK!!! It was gritty, and tasted nasty and left a bad taste in my mouth. I drank it all though because they aren't cheap and I needed the protein. But I won't buy it again. The other one I tried by EAS was much better. Good to know right? This is why I am sampling different kinds.

Work out went ok, my right knee has issues once in awhile and today was one of those days. I'm not saying I didn't workout because I did I just tried to be good to my knee and not push it for fear of having more bad days because of it. I had aggravated it once before from jogging and it was a couple weeks before it was better. Lesson learned there. Listen to your body. So I did one exercise that involved deep knee bending and then replaced the other with sit-ups and leg lifts instead. I figure it is better to replace the exercise with another than to hurt myself.


Totals for today

Calories 2129
Fat 99
Carbs 242
Proteins 90
8oz. glasses of water 6

No comments:

Post a Comment