Another diet blog? Really?

Yes really. Why? Well why not? I am soon to be 45, have been overweight most of my life and I'm ready to do something about it. I quit smoking a year ago this month and decided I needed to make another huge life change this month. Lose weight.

That brings us to 2150 calories per day.

When I calculated what I needed to eat to lose the weight I want (a really huge goal of 100lbs) I figured how hard can this be?

I knew the exercising would be hard, I knew it was a huge commitment but who thought eating 5 meals per day every 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hrs and totaling 2150 calories could be so hard?

I thought the eating would be the easy part.

Boy was I wrong.

So join me as I attempt my huge undertaking. Some days I'll succeed, some days I know I will fail then have to pick myself up and start again. But with this blog I hope to bring a smile to some faces with my odd sense of humor and I'm sure there will be a tear here and there as well.

If the exercise doesn't kill me (bodyweight training) the 2150 calories certainly will.

Monday, November 1, 2010

This really is a learning curve

“Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.” - Author Unknown

I have decided to add 'glycemic index' numbers to my food journal as it has a blank column. What I need to find now is a larger listing of foods so I don't have to keep going online to find where something falls in the glycemic index. I have a listing but of course I don't think it is complete.

I guess I'll give it a couple days using that list and see if I find a lot of missing items and have to go elsewhere.

Maybe keeping track of the glycemic index numbers will be easier than eating 2150 calories. Ha! right?

Totals for today

Calories 1874
Fat 59
Carbs 276
Protein 52
8oz. glasses of water 2

No comments:

Post a Comment