Another diet blog? Really?

Yes really. Why? Well why not? I am soon to be 45, have been overweight most of my life and I'm ready to do something about it. I quit smoking a year ago this month and decided I needed to make another huge life change this month. Lose weight.

That brings us to 2150 calories per day.

When I calculated what I needed to eat to lose the weight I want (a really huge goal of 100lbs) I figured how hard can this be?

I knew the exercising would be hard, I knew it was a huge commitment but who thought eating 5 meals per day every 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hrs and totaling 2150 calories could be so hard?

I thought the eating would be the easy part.

Boy was I wrong.

So join me as I attempt my huge undertaking. Some days I'll succeed, some days I know I will fail then have to pick myself up and start again. But with this blog I hope to bring a smile to some faces with my odd sense of humor and I'm sure there will be a tear here and there as well.

If the exercise doesn't kill me (bodyweight training) the 2150 calories certainly will.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Forrest Gump Is Right --- Stupid Is As Stupid Does

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.” - Albert Einstein

Have you noticed that people are getting more stupid every day just go outside and watch them, read the paper or watch the news. Why is this happening? I’ll tell you why. It’s because somewhere down the line people decided that they no longer needed to take responsibility for their own actions.
Why? Well I don’t know the reason as fact so I won’t give my personal opinion.

Ok back to the subject of stupid people. Here are some examples:

*A woman goes to McDonald’s to buy a cup of hot coffee (hot is the keyword here) and when she drives away she places said cup of hot coffee between her legs on the seat and hits a bump and it spills all over her. Now she sues McDonald’s. Who is at fault? Could the fine folks at McDonald’s know she was going to do something so asinine as this and warned her? Come on, would you really place a HOT cup of coffee that is in a paper cup in-between your legs while driving? Hmmmm? Oh by the way, for those of you who are just coming out from under a rock, she sued McDonald’s and was awarded $2.86 million dollars by a jury and the judge reduced that amount to $640,000 and that was settled for a somewhat reduced amount out of court.

*The case of a Washington, D.C. judge, who sued a dry cleaning business for $67 million (later lowered to $54 million), the dry cleaners lost his pants (which he brought in for a $10.50 alteration) and refused his demands for a large refund. He believed that a 'Satisfaction Guaranteed' sign in the window of the shop legally entitled him to a refund for the cost of the pants, estimated at $1,000. The $54 million total also included $2 million in "mental distress" and $15,000 which he estimated to be the cost of renting a car every weekend to go to another dry cleaners.

*Google Maps' walking directions told Lauren Rosenberg to walk along a busy Utah highway with no sidewalk, and so she did—and was hit by a car in the process. Now Rosenberg is suing Google for more than $100,000 because it didn't warn her that the route was not pedestrian friendly. Google Maps actually does provide a warning to this effect on its website, but the BlackBerry version, which Rosenberg used, does not.

Now what stupid idiot walks on the highway just because someone (in this case Google Maps) told her to?

Remember your mother saying “If everyone jumped off a bridge would you do it too?” Come on people where is common sense? Where is their personal responsibility? It isn’t their fault, no of course it’s not. It’s always someone else’s fault.

Here are a few more goodies to make my point.

A lawyer who left his favorite leather coat (that he paid $800 for) in the food court of the Houston airport when he got on his flight to Las Vegas. Well of course the coat is gone and he is going to sue the airport, Continental Airlines and the company that manages the food court. Why? Because he has “diligently attempted to figure out who was responsible for collecting the coat and contends that party should have kept it in a secure place for a reasonable period of time”.

Well guess what Mr. Dumb-as-a-rock Lawyer, I never went to law school but even I know who the who was responsible for collecting the coat. It is you moron! Look in the mirror and you will find the person responsible.

Geez when was the last time your mother cleaned up after you? If I had an $800 coat (and let me tell you I’m not cheap but no coat is worth $800) I would keep track of where it was. And if he travels often then he should know better.

Now do you see what I mean by stupid people? I have one more example from today’s news.

*2 doctors were playing golf in New York. One was off to the side in the rough and the other hit his ball but it was such a bad shot it somehow hit the guy in the rough in the eye and blinded him. Yes it was a freak accident but why, you ask is he suing his “friend”?

If you were paying attention kids you should have known there was a lawsuit coming.

He is suing because the guy who hit the ball didn’t yell ‘Fore”. Now they are playing with 3 people total and last time I played golf I stood to the side while someone else hit the ball and never, ever have I heard the word “Fore” being yelled at anyone at anytime.

So the “friendship” is over I guess (lawsuits tend to do that) but is it really the guys fault who hit the ball? Isn’t the non hitting golfer responsible as well? Shouldn’t he be aware of his surroundings especially when playing a game where balls are being hit long distances by metal clubs!?

Come on people wake up!

The only person responsible for you is you.

If you rob a bank, you are to blame. Not PMS or the baby that wouldn’t stop crying or the post office because they kept putting mail in your box that wasn’t yours.

If you rear end someone it is your fault because you weren’t paying attention while you were putting on your makeup, downloading something on iTunes, checking your email and talking to your BFF.

I think you get my point. Once you hit 18 years of age my friends, nobody is legally and morally responsible for you but you. Let’s try to remember that in the future. And if you still don’t get my point, next time you buy something look at the warning label that is attached. You know the one on the hair dryer that warns you not to use it while in the tub, or the ladder that tells you not to climb on the side that doesn’t have steps on it. Those warning labels. Oh yeah and don’t forget to thank the lady that sued McDonald’s over the coffee next time you get coffee anywhere. Look at the newest warning label on the lid. “Warning: Contents May Be Hot”.

‘nuff said.

Totals for Today

Calories 1633
Fat 80
Carbs 214
Protein 65
8oz glasses of water 0

No comments:

Post a Comment