Another diet blog? Really?

Yes really. Why? Well why not? I am soon to be 45, have been overweight most of my life and I'm ready to do something about it. I quit smoking a year ago this month and decided I needed to make another huge life change this month. Lose weight.

That brings us to 2150 calories per day.

When I calculated what I needed to eat to lose the weight I want (a really huge goal of 100lbs) I figured how hard can this be?

I knew the exercising would be hard, I knew it was a huge commitment but who thought eating 5 meals per day every 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hrs and totaling 2150 calories could be so hard?

I thought the eating would be the easy part.

Boy was I wrong.

So join me as I attempt my huge undertaking. Some days I'll succeed, some days I know I will fail then have to pick myself up and start again. But with this blog I hope to bring a smile to some faces with my odd sense of humor and I'm sure there will be a tear here and there as well.

If the exercise doesn't kill me (bodyweight training) the 2150 calories certainly will.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Boring day but still going strong

“You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there.” - Yogi Berra

If nothing else I am a determined person. Some people would be disheartened by the lack of success in eating what they were supposed to but I am not one of those people.

If I am learning something new I read, and learn and stick with it because I'll be damned if I am not going to win at this stupid diet thing.

I am losing weight so it is not a loss I just think I can do better if I get this eating thing in line.

So there you go. I will not give up. I started this and I will continue down this path with good days and bad but I will not give up.

Totals for today

Calories 1872
Fat 43
Carbs 297
Protein 83
8oz. glasses of water 4

No comments:

Post a Comment