Another diet blog? Really?

Yes really. Why? Well why not? I am soon to be 45, have been overweight most of my life and I'm ready to do something about it. I quit smoking a year ago this month and decided I needed to make another huge life change this month. Lose weight.

That brings us to 2150 calories per day.

When I calculated what I needed to eat to lose the weight I want (a really huge goal of 100lbs) I figured how hard can this be?

I knew the exercising would be hard, I knew it was a huge commitment but who thought eating 5 meals per day every 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hrs and totaling 2150 calories could be so hard?

I thought the eating would be the easy part.

Boy was I wrong.

So join me as I attempt my huge undertaking. Some days I'll succeed, some days I know I will fail then have to pick myself up and start again. But with this blog I hope to bring a smile to some faces with my odd sense of humor and I'm sure there will be a tear here and there as well.

If the exercise doesn't kill me (bodyweight training) the 2150 calories certainly will.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's getting colder and we all know what that means

“Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement.” - Charles M. Schulz

Yes kids winter seems to be just around the corner. My little corner of heaven is south of a lot of the cold yet not the tropics of Florida. My point is that I usually wear shorts....as long as possible.....really.

The other day it was downright chilly and I couldn't wear shorts as much as I wanted to. I had gone out the day before and it was cool (to my northern bred blood) but I still had shorts on while everyone around me was bundled up. But on this day I couldn't do shorts. This tells me that winter is approaching and do you know what that means?

JEANS!!!! Urgh, I hate wearing long pants be they jeans or dress slacks. I have been spoiled by shorts too long I know it but I just feel so restricted in jeans. After I wear them for awhile I get used to them again but....sigh, I guess I have to accept it.

Ok so I go to my closet and grab a pair of jeans. They are an older pair (my favorite of course) and normally they are tight when I first put them on and have to stretch them out a bit.

Come on kids, admit it, we all have to do this to at least one pair....right?

So I put them on and there is no need to stretch them. They fit perfectly. Huh? How did this happen?

Oh yes, that diet thing, the reason we are all here. So I seem to be doing good even if the scale isn't sharing that info.

I had heard from another source that you can't always count on the scale but your clothes you can trust. And I guess that makes sense because the scale isn't seeing inches it is just reading weight.

Long story short (I know, too late right?) I lost enough so that my favorite jeans fit perfectly. Yipee. Good news for me.

Totals for today

Calories 1840
Fat 94
Carbs 177
Protein 68
8oz. glasses of water 0

No comments:

Post a Comment