Another diet blog? Really?

Yes really. Why? Well why not? I am soon to be 45, have been overweight most of my life and I'm ready to do something about it. I quit smoking a year ago this month and decided I needed to make another huge life change this month. Lose weight.

That brings us to 2150 calories per day.

When I calculated what I needed to eat to lose the weight I want (a really huge goal of 100lbs) I figured how hard can this be?

I knew the exercising would be hard, I knew it was a huge commitment but who thought eating 5 meals per day every 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hrs and totaling 2150 calories could be so hard?

I thought the eating would be the easy part.

Boy was I wrong.

So join me as I attempt my huge undertaking. Some days I'll succeed, some days I know I will fail then have to pick myself up and start again. But with this blog I hope to bring a smile to some faces with my odd sense of humor and I'm sure there will be a tear here and there as well.

If the exercise doesn't kill me (bodyweight training) the 2150 calories certainly will.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Talking but nobody is listening

“My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?” - Charles M. Schulz

I hate talking when people don't listen. Why bother right? One of my dogs doesn't listen to me when I tell him not to dig but hey, he's a dog. He couldn't get into the English as a second language class but I love him anyway.

People don't have that excuse unless of course they really don't speak English but around here that really shouldn't be an issue.

You can talk to people and have to repeat yourself so many different ways because the person who is supposed to care about what you say isn't paying attention. Oh yeah it's called narcissism.

Yeah that's where the other person cares about him/her self more than you. And that's fine to a point. Don't we all really care about ourselves first and foremost? But when others begin to not matter anymore that's when you've got yourself an issue.

For a person to think the world revolves around them is just wrong. We all know someone like this don't we? They might think their jokes are the funniest, or their presentation was the best but there are people out there who truly think they are better than others.

Now a narcissist won't admit they have this issue but we all see it. It's a matter of putting up with it or not. I, for one, don't think we should have to do this. Selfish? No I don't think so. Why should we have to stop our worlds to jump into their world every time we want to talk to them?

Why do we continually walk on eggshells for these people? If they are friends they should be just that. Friends. If they are co-workers, ok we can put up with them 8hrs a day.

I guess the key here is how important are they in our lives and how much work are they to keep as the friends they are supposed to be?

Friendship is something that is (or should be) given freely. But it's also give and take just like any other relationship we all deal with on a daily basis.

My point is, if someone you say you care about talks to you, listen. That's all a friend has to do. You don't have to solve all the world’s problems, just listen with no ulterior motives except caring for them.

It will make you a better friend, and a better person.


Totals for today

Calories 1720
Fat 70
Carbs 208
Protein 68
8oz glasses of water 0

No comments:

Post a Comment